Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let's begin

So welcome to an experiment in me speaking my mind on pretty much any subject I see fit to talk about. I plan to post around every week to keep my writing skills more or less sharp and to hopefully entertain some of the internet public. 

First though a little about your humble blogger. 

My Name is Dave Nesbit I'm some where in my mid 40's and working on trying out a few new careers. Over the last few years I finished a degree in video and audio editing, I have helped to put together and curate several art fashion and film shows, am part of a group that does monthly spoken words shows, and when I'm bored I call my friends and we shoot photographs and videos. When no ones looking I write, a lot. So far I have three first drafts done and a fourth in progress. 

I live in the great city of Omaha Nebraska, and I say that with no irony at all. I moved here 23 years ago expecting not much and discovered that this town has hidden depths that I keep exploring every chance I get. 

My politics lean left, I hated hipsters before it was cool, and while my taste in music is fairly diverse there's a good chance that if you get into my car the radio will likely be set to a Classic rock or FM rock radio station. 

A few years ago a friend of mine who writes a regular column once told me the key to being a commercial writer has less to do with being good at writing than by being consistent at it. Editors need to fill spaces with copy and if you don't have your column done they'll find someone else to do it for them. 

So my plan is to be consistent. I am hoping that to keep the channels in my writing mind open I am going to put together a weekly or more column here on blogger. Likely discussing something that interests me or gets on my nerves. 

Hopefully it will spur some interest and discussion. Expect pieces on music, art, politics, sex, drugs, and writing. If you have an idea for something you want me to write about feel free to do so. 

So let's see how this all comes together, join me for the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment